Pavilion, Assisted Living and H.O.P.E. Center Family Visitation Fact Sheet and Plan
On July 10, 2020, The New York State Department of Health (DOH) issued guide lines for visitation in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. The guidelines outline several conditions that must be met before visitation can occur. The most stringent standard is that there must be no new confirmed cases of staff or residents positive for COVID-19 in the last 28 days. Additionally, once visitation begins if any new cases arise, visitation must be suspended and the 28 day cycle starts over again.
The Osborn is currently planning to open visitation on a limited basis outdoors once we reach the required 28 day clearance. Barring any new positive cases, our tentative timeline for visitation would be the middle of August.
New York State Department of Health visitation requirements include:
- No more than 10% of the residents shall have visitors at any one time
- All visitors must be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to resident access and visitation will be refused if the individual(s) exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms or do not pass the screening questions. Screening shall consist of both temperature checks and asking screening questions to assess potential exposure to COVID-19 which shall include questions regarding international travel or travel to other states designated under the Commissioner’s travel advisory. The facility must maintain screening questions asked onsite and make it available upon the Department’s request. Documentation of screening must be maintained onsite in an electronic format and available upon the Department of Health’s request for purposes of inspection and potential contact tracing.
Documentation must include the following for each visitor to the nursing home:
- First and last name of the visitor
- Physical (street) address of the visitor
- Daytime and evening telephone number
- Date and time of visit
- Email address, if available
- A notation indicating the individual cleared the screening
- Visitors must maintain social distance and wear a face mask which covers both the nose and mouth at all times
- Visits will be limited to outdoor areas, weather permitting
- In-room visitation is not permitted (unless the resident is receiving end of life care).
- Visits will be by appointment and will be time-limited (an online system for scheduling a visit will made available once we are cleared to begin visitation)
- Residents will be allowed 2 visitors at a time
- Visiting children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- The Osborn reserves the right to refuse any visitor who is disruptive or presents a danger to any residents or staff
We look forward to your visit. Thank you for your cooperation with the DOH requirements.
For additional information, please contact one of the following:
Assisted Living Adrienne Rynne 914-925-8244
Pavilion Skilled Nursing Yvette Allen 914-925-8215